I have been blogging under ‘Marcusexplores’ for about ten months and I thought it’ll be a good time to share the process/tips & tricks of how I create content from out of the blue.
- For me it’s so important for a blog to represents an individual / brand authentically.
- Content is the key! I observed and watched my habits recently and noticed that sometimes I can struggle with the content creation process…
- It stems down to timing, maintaining quality rather than quantity of posts and finding inspiration.
This shows just how much effort blog posts take and has motivated me to make a post around this topic of “content” and “how to get it right”…
- Always strive for your best on a blog post. Who doesn’t? This is a great way of showing your best potential
- Try and reflect on what is the purpose of the post I want to publish..?
- Be aware that you may need a small budget or equipment to create things.
Try & find inspiration by:
- Jotting ideas on voice recordings, mind-maps, to do lists which I find organises information better/gives me a plan.
- If you can, download Microsoft Onenote for this where you can easily form ideas at a quick pace -you can have this program on your computer or phone.
- Write ideas anywhere and everywhere
- Appeal to your interest -find things you like and triggers “inspiration” and you want to jot these ideas down.
On the other hand, you may prefer to post whatever comes to your thoughts straight away.
- Don’t over-think it, just do it!
Finding more ideas can only be a good thing though as there’s your future posts sorted.
- Ask your friends what they would like to see as posts
Couple of months ago, I asked someone who knew me fairly well what my next post can be about. I realised that I am knowledgeable at events taking place in London. So I decided to note that down for future reference and “play to my strengths” by making posts about how I found the experience of these events
- Look at what your hobbies are and make that connection when blogging e.g. it listening to music? is it giving an opinion on a piece of art that you saw or made? .
- Everyone is skilled in some way so if it’s graphic design you might want to make your content more visual. Use animation.
- Collaborations. If you are stuck on thoughts. Why not team up with another Blogger or ask someone for help.
- If you want you can schedule posts to go out at a time that suits you. So you don’t have to post on the day that you finish it. Go for it!
- Last but not least, try and vary your posts – this is something I am in the process of doing as I want to make my blog more representative.
Enjoy the tips & if you have taken anything from this be sure to leave a comment!